How to Nominate
Nominations for the Founders’ Excellence Award 2023 are open! Please send your nomination letter to email@example.com. Candidates must be associated with MSU-Northern and meet one or more of the criteria below. Your nomination letter must speak to how the nominee fits the criteria and must list the individual’s achievements. Nominations are accepted at any time throughout the year but to be considered for the 2023 Founders’ Excellence Award, letters must be submitted by December 31st, 2022.
Once made, nominations are kept and carried forward to subsequent years at the discretion of the committee. If you have any questions about how to nominate someone, contact the Foundation.
Criteria for Nominees
Candidates for Founders’ Excellence must be an alum, administrator, former faculty or staff, or friend of MSU-Northern who have made a significant contribution to the development of Northern or to their chosen profession.
Nominees may be someone who has…
- Offered significant ideas and actions to make change in the local community
- Been a benefactor of Northern by giving moral support and service
- A person who has enabled the growth of the college through legislation
State or national impact
Nominees may be someone who…
- Gave original ideas, creations, or contributions to an academic field, particularly in a degree area offered by MSU-Northern
- Gave dedicated and long-lasting contributions to a particular field or activity
- Is a person of notoriety by virtue of office Service
- Is a person who has held an important position, published material, made an important discovery or invention, made a contribution to an academic field, or has given significant direction or service to MSU-Northern for a minimum of 25 years, particularly if he/she is or was an alumnus, faculty, staff, or administrator of Northern
- Gave direct financial contributions to the MSUN Foundation for buildings, scholarships, research, faculty development, program development, etc.