Give to Northern
The generosity of our donors helps MSU-Northern become a better place, one student and one project at a time. Thank you for taking the time to make a donation today! You can give to a team, scholarship, or program, and learn more about planned gifts here on our website.
Take Advantage of 2021 Tax Breaks!
It's nearly the end of the year, so don't forget to consider how a charitable donation might help you prepare for tax season in 2022. Here are just a few of your options:
- A donation in cash of 100% of a donor’s adjusted gross income can be deducted for charitable contributions in 2021 (compared to 20%-60% in years past)
- If you do not itemize but make a cash gift to a charity, you will be allowed to take a special tax deduction up to $300 ($600 for joint filers), to reduce your tax liability.
- If you are 70 ½ or older, you can roll up to $100,000 from your IRA to the MSU Northern Foundation.
- Gifts made from your IRA (up to $100,000 per year) are not reportable as taxable income.
- To qualify, the transfer must go directly from your IRA to the Foundation.
- The gift must be an outright gift, but can be used to satisfy existing pledges.
- The gift will qualify for your required minimum distribution.